ONLINE SELF-SERVICE DOG WASH BOOKING - REQUIRED
Monday, March 23, 2020
We will be closing on Wednesday, March 25th for at least two weeks. Our last day to book baths before our closure will be Tuesday, March 24th.
SELF-SERVICE DOG WASHES BY APPOINTMENT ONLY - CLICK "BOOK NOW" ABOVE
Please bear with us as we try to navigate this new reality we are faced with. We are doing our best to be able to stay open while keeping the environment safe within the shop.
Per the recommendation of King County's Environmental Health Services Division, beginning March 19, self-service dog washes will be available by appointment only. Appointments can be made online. Prepayment of $22 will be required at time of booking.
On busy days, such as Saturday and Sunday, all appointments will be for 45 minutes, giving us 15 minutes to clean and sanitize between customers. There will be no discounts for small dogs or multiple dogs as all appointments will be for the same amount of time. If you have two dogs please reserve two time slots.
On weekdays when we are not as busy, we will have more flexibility to allow for longer baths, and honor small dog/multiple dog, and other discounts. When you reserve your time slot please leave a note in the comment section as to how much time you think you need and we will manually block off more time for you if it is available. If you typically receive a small dog or other discount, we will credit your card the amount of the discount when you come in (weekdays only).
We are still making appointments for full-service baths by phone (not online).
Add-on services such as nail clipping can be paid for at the time of service. At this time we will not require an appointment for nail trims.
Other changes to our procedures include:
1. We are requiring customers to maintain a distance of 6 feet between each other and our staff members.
2. We are limiting the number of customers in the shop at one time to FOUR and asking those waiting for a tub to wait outside. We will do our best to always answer the phone during business hours, you are welcome to call ahead to see how busy we are at that time.
3. For toenail clipping and anal gland expression services we will ask you to step away while we complete the task in order to maintain the 6 foot distance.
4. We are spending more time cleaning and disinfecting each station between baths and ask for your patience if you are waiting for a tub. We are following cleaning practices and using cleaning products recommended to kill COVID-19 among other germs.
5. We continue to look for up-to-date information through the Seattle & King County's COVID-19 disease website and other resources.
6. We are offering more full-service bath options so you don't need to stay in the shop, we can wash your dog for you. Give us a call to set up an appointment.
Located at 6826 Greenwood Avenue North, Seattle.
We make it easy and comfortable to wash your dog.
REGULAR HOURS OF OPERATION
Tuesday: 10 am - 7 pm
Wednesday: 10 am - 7 pm
Thursday: 10 am - 9 pm
Friday: 10 am - 7 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 7 pm
Sunday: 9 am - 7 pm
About Rub-A-Dub Dog
Rub-a-Dub Dog is a locally-owned small business. We were the first self-service dog wash to open in Seattle back in 1997. Owner, Carrie Schenken, and the Rub-a-Dub Dog staff focus on providing a comfortable, friendly place for you to wash your dog. We also offer expert nail clipping and gland expression services.
Too busy to wash your own dog? Call us to schedule a full-service bath. We also offer sanitary trims and deshedding treatment.
Rub-A-Dub Dog Services
Do I need an appointment for a self-service bath and/or nail trim?
Yes for self-service dog wash.
No for nail trims.
Will someone show me how to wash my dog?
We are here to help in any way we can. On your first visit to Rub-a-Dub Dog we will go through the dog-washing process and answer any questions you may have. Remember, there is no wrong way to wash your dog. You will be surprised how easy it is.
Do I need to bring anything?
No, we provide everything you need to wash your dog including (but not limited to) a wide variety of shampoos and rinses, as many towels as you need, and treats to help make the process a positive experience for your dog. See our self-service dog wash page for more details.
Is parking available?
There are two dedicated parking spaces at the rear of the building. In addition, street parking (non-metered) is almost always available nearby.
A clean dog makes a wonderful gift for friends and family. Follow this link to purchase a digital gift card, or stop in any time to pick up a card. Gift cards can be used for all of our services as well as for items in our doggie boutique.